CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act) Compliance
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is a bill that enhances privacy rights and consumer protection for residents of California, United States. The bill was passed by the California State Legislature and signed into law by Jerry Brown, Governor of California, on June 28, 2018, to amend Part 4 of Division 3 of the California Civil Code.
Veryfi Complies with CCPA
At Veryfi we believe that data privacy and your security should be a human right. Therefore;
- Any personal data collected by Veryfi is only what you enter into Veryfi. This includes the receipt, invoice and bills you upload into Veryfi for data extraction, labelling and categorization. You can delete this data using the Veryfi web or mobile apps anytime.
- Your personal is NEVER sold or disclosed to anyone. Veryfi makes revenue from a subscription service and we will continue to do so perpetually. This approach allows us to keep the lights on without resorting to turning your data into a revenue source.
- No one except YOU and those you invite as ADMIN into Veryfi have access to your data.
We make it easy for you
At Veryfi we believe the user should have full control of their information. This is why we have built a fully autonomous system that doesn’t rely on people to make important changes to your account.
Unsubscribe from Veryfi Emails
Go to Veryfi’s unsubscribe page https://hub.veryfi.com/unsubscribe/ and enter your email and press “Unsubscribe” button.
Download or backup all your Veryfi Data
There are 2 ways:
- Inside Veryfi hub (web app), go to your reports and generate a report with a date range spanning from the time you started to today. In few minutes a report will be generated with your data as CSV, PDF and/or ZIP with all your Documents.
- Inside Veryfi hub (web app), go to your Inbox and press the Excel icon in the search documents header. This will allow you to export all the data you see on the screen. If you need help with your Inbox, then watch this video on how to navigate your inbox.
Updating your personal information
Inside the Veryfi web app, form the left hand side menu towards the bottom is a section called SETTINGS. Press it. This will open a sub-menu with more options including an option called PROFILE. Press this and you will see all your Profile settings which you can change.
Check on my billing and/or change subscription
Inside the Veryfi web app, from the left hand side menu, press BILLING. That’s it. That easy. If you want to see your Subscriptions (products you are subscribed for) then press the MANAGE SUBSCRIPTION button inside BILLING.
When you see The Veryfi Shield you know you are in good hands. It means that the software you are using has:
- NO Human-in-the-loop (HITL) or offshore extraction teams. 100% machines end-to-end
- Industry Encryption Standards: TLS1.2 & 1.3, Salted Password Hashing, AES at Rest & In-Transit
- GDPR, HIPAA, CCPA and ITAR compliance. Includes Audit Logs for all activity and Technical, Physical and Administrative Safeguards
- Hosted at Amazon Web Services (AWS) in a VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) & GovCloud
- Founder has prior experience building HIPAA secure solutions for US healthcare organizations.
- Your data is SAFE
Internal Revenue Code Section (IRC §) 7216
According to the IRS, IRC § 7216 is “a criminal provision enacted by the U.S. Congress in 1971 that prohibits preparers of tax returns from knowingly or recklessly disclosing or using tax return information.” … “A convicted preparer may be fined not more than $1,000 or imprisoned not more than one year or both, for each violation.”
Technology companies serving CPAs in California not disclosing offshore labor are causing these CPAs to fall out of compliance. If you are an accountant or a bookkeeper please note!
Why am I obsessed with confidential client info privacy issues and bots that turn out to be humans offshore? Here’s one really good reason: Internal Revenue Code Section (IRC §) 7216— Blake Oliver (@BlakeTOliver) March 15, 2019
Contact / more information
If you have questions about Veryfi security then please contact our Security Officer on email@example.com. Emails are responded to within 48 hours.